Saturday, March 06, 2010

A Little Before + After + In-between

Before: Isn't she a beaut? I picked two of these up at the thrift store for a few bucks. The cashier commented on the lovely condition of the shadesAfter:

Bryan added crown moulding in the bedroom.
My two little helpers.

7 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

that lamp is too cute, love the blue. so many comments on the cute basket I (you made) in Kates room:)

Jeff, Traci and Kaden said...

Ohhh! I loooove the lamp. I have an obsession with finding uglies at Goodwill and then making them into beauties. Great job!

Vashti said...

it looks so good already! i can't wait to see the finished product, way to go lydia!!

Jenni said...

Love the transformation!

Unknown said...

Great find! And great makeover :) Love the lady's comment about the shade :)

Kristen said...

How do you DO that??? I have no idea how to refinish a brass lamp. What a great idea. You'll have to send me some pointers, I'd like to do that with my lamp! The color of your room is so peaceful and lovely. Looks like you are super busy and I'm amazed as you are getting up so much in the night! I am a walking zombie with those kind of nights. Your kids are adorable, by the way.

Alana said...

You have such a creative eye! Beautiful colours too.