Thursday, July 07, 2011

Buckled

Amanda and her sisters were jumping from their swings and Amanda's landing didn't go so well. Turns out she broke her wrist.
I took this photo the morning after we spent 6 hours in the ER where they put a temporary splint on her arm.


The cast went on a few days later, after the swelling went down. Obviously wearing a cast is a big adjustment. It's much worse beings it's summer time and all she wants to do is play in the water :(

She has what is called a buckle fracture. And there's a possibility she'll get the cast off in a few weeks and get by with a removable splint. We'll see...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope she can get the cast taken off soon! That's no fun for the summer.

Peter and Lesha said...

well I guess be carful what you wish for, those silly girls wanting casts and braces and glasses :) that stinks though that it is summer bummer she is so cute and grown up looking. hope it heals soon. I hate the er you poor girl I hope the rest of the kids were at home?.

Unknown said...

How did I not see that on Sunday! Poor girl! Mallory broke her arm pushing her imaginary friend on a swing, so at least Amanda wasn't that big of a dork :)