Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Laundry Room

Five years ago, I was watching an HGTV program where they asked the viewers a multiple choice question:  

On average how many years do homeowners go before remodeling? 
5 years
7 years  
10 years  

Their answer was a startling 5 years.  We had just finished building our new home and I couldn't imagine doing it all over again in just five short years! 

But here I am, five years later, and I find myself wanting to change this and remove that.  Even though we'd like to do some remodeling, it's just not going to happen right now.  I decided to take a less expensive route.

In January, I did some painting-starting with the laundry room.  I painted over the bright green walls with a muted green-Prairie Grass by Benjamin Moore.




 As soon as I saw this print, I knew I wanted to hang it in my laundry room.


I've been pining over this laundry sorter for years now :)  My parents gave it to me this last Christmas.


 In December [when I had a HUGE pile of laundry to do right before we left for Mexico] our washing machine refused to work.  That weekend, on our anniversary in fact, we ended up buying one that had a lot bigger capacity, which in turn made it much taller than our old one.  Bryan had to raise the countertop and voila!  I hear dryers last quite a bit longer than washers..............most likely we'll be mismatched for awhile.
 I like having the ironing board hanging on the wall rather than leaning in the corner where it used to be.  Now behind the door, it's out of the way.

2 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

how nice, love the color want it for my bedroom

gigi said...

cute! simple things like a new paint color make it so much different!