Monday, March 12, 2012

Family Room Update

 In January, we sold our ugly, black, vinyl couches (much to my surprise), and bought a new sectional.  It's so comfortable and cozy.  Now no one is sitting on the floor or complaining about stolen seats; everyone has a place to sit.

I rearranged the gallery wall over the piano so it's less crowded, hung some of my favorite curtains, and made some accent pillows.
This wall still needs some help.  We started this weekend by puttying the holes in the wall and hiding the brightly colored accents which accumulate left of the television.  Eventually we'll replace the black tv stand with something in a warm wood tone.  

And lastly, something I CAN NOT wait for, is new carpet this summer.  After six years, there are huge stains everywhere.  We are definitely going with something darker this time around :)

4 comments:

Vashti said...

I LOVE that sectional! Where did you get it? Your house is always so inspiring!

Unknown said...

Looks great!

Lydia said...

Thanks! We got the sectional at Macy's when they were having their Presidents Day sale.

Jayme said...

love the couch it is so comfy!