Thursday, May 03, 2012

Vanity, vanity, vanity...

...it's been on my mind for a few weeks.  

Not that kind of vanity.  

The kind as in the object......a dressing table. 

Along with her room update, Amanda asked if she could have a vanity....with a mirror........in front of which to do her hair :)  We searched craigslist for months to find the perfect one.

An almost true before (I had already sanded down most of it once I remembered to take a before photo):

*Update:  I found a better before picture:

Just your standard dark stained, loose legged, veneer peeling vanity.
I'm not sure how old it is, but I love the patina on the mirror.



 After:
We decided to go with an antique white.
And of course a bit of distressing.
This cute little vanity stool from my Grandma Margot fits nicely into the room.
 The display on this shelf is constantly changing.
In another corner, I spotted our photo booth pictures from a few years ago.  We have so much fun together...something I hope never changes.

2 comments:

Vashti said...

You have such wonderful talent! It looks FABULOUS!! I love it!

Unknown said...

Super beautiful!