Saturday, September 15, 2007

The First Day of School

After our trip, it was time to get back to reality and get Amanda to kindergarten. Here she is on her first day, September 4th, with Emma who is all dressed for her first day of ballet.......which really didn't start until the following Tuesday which I realized on our way to the studio :] So, try explaining that mix up to your almost-four year old who is sad that her older sister is at school without her, & has been waiting for ballet ALL summer............................Emma just kept saying to me, "Why did you pretend it was ballet Mom?"


Amanda reluctantly took the bus on her second day. She now loves the bus and everything about school. She is lucky to be in the same class with some of her best friends.


Reunited.....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is WAY funny about you "pretending" it was ballet :) I love 4 year old logic!

JenM. said...

I love Emma's facial expression in that first pic! Little did she know what was to come...

Who is Amanda's teacher? She's in the big-time now!

Lydia said...

Poor Emma....
Amanda has Mrs. Hoekstra. She is really loving it!

Musicmom-Amy said...

THAT is sucha funny story! And one you HAVE to include somewhere in your journaling of the photos.

Jenni said...

I love first day of school pictures! I am glad that Amanda likes school.

Kay said...

I remember when my oldest daughter Caryn went to school for the first time. Tami was 3 1/2 and stood by the window waiting for her from 9:30 am. Leslie was only one and not fun as a playmate yet! Tami missed Caryn soooo much!