Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Nurse Should not be the One who Puts Salt in Your Wounds...


Charlotte had her 18 month appointment on December 27th. She had to get some shots; four I think it was. These upset her, as evidenced by the screaming & crying. But when the nurse was leaving, she mentioned a good-bye, and all of the sudden the room went silent. Charlie said, "Bye-bye" accompanied with a smile & wave. I think what she meant to say was, "Yes, thank you for jabbing that needle into my thigh repeatedly and leaving so quickly, it's been real!"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol! too cute! :)

Clayton and Camea said...

Heehee!
It's so sad when they need shots! I like it when there are two nurses and they tackle them at the same time...still painful but it gives the illusion that it's not so bad.

Tanya Bennett said...

Chase just had his shots too. He was smiling and playing with the nurse then WHAM! he gets needles in his legs. I wonder what they are thinking. He looked at me like I betrayed him :-( , Sorry Charolette - No fun - I think I would cry too!

Tanya Bennett said...

I just noticed after I hit publish that I spelled her name wrong - I guess I got finger happy! I am not known for spelling correctly when I type :0)

Kristen said...

Shots are the worst. I have to take Em in for her 4 yr appt and am not looking forward to it--she's such a drama queen with needles and pain!! It would break my heart, except that she milks it for all its worth! Fortunately the other two are not nearly so dramatic.

JenM. said...

It's not the greatest from the nurse's point of view, either! Sure, you know it is what is best for them, but those tears and hysterical little faces rip your heart out. That is something I do not miss.

Ella HATES the Dr's office and as soon as we walk into the exam room, she starts crying and crawling up my arm. I think they are always just as happy to see us leave as Ella is.

On a side-note: We are living parallel lives. How ironic that Ella had her 18 month appointment...THE SAME DAY!

Jenni said...

Cute picture of Charlotte. Thanks for reminding me that I need to get Landry a 18 month appointment.

The Cowan Family said...

So cute...I've been putting off Avery's 18 month shots for a while now. Thanks for the reminder.

Musicmom-Amy said...

Ugh!! Shots ~ hate them. Like Tanya said, It's that look of betrayal that gets to me. Charlie's just a little cutie!