Emma was super excited to play soccer....last Spring when Amanda was doing it. After her first day, she wanted to "skip it and do something else". But as she has stuck with it, she has grown to like it and has mastered many soccer moves.Here she is demonstrating the wave.
And here, the twirl.
Here, the hop side-to-side. And just yesterday-YES. In a moment of insanity, I drug all of them out into the freezing, blustery, ear-numbing wind to a rookie soccer game. Luckily I re-gained whatever senses I still have and went home after 15LONGminutes of game time.-I saw her perfect the standstill. A move in which, as the whistle blows and her team-mates bustle around her, she will simply stand as still as she can, in hopes of becoming so stealth she'll be able to steal the ball away from the opposing team...if it ever gets back to the mid line where she is still standing.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Soccer Days
Posted by Lydia at 12:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds a lot like Syd's first (and last) year. A couple days ago, Kevin said, "do you think Sydney will be athletic?" and I was like, "I think that ship sailed a LONG time ago" :) I'm not saying Emma has no future in sports :) My brother stayed perfectly still for a year and went on to be the best player on the team :) Kids are so funny!
sports always seem so fun ... until you have to play ... lol
I hope our kids get their Daddy's athleticism, cause I got none to give!!
Post a Comment