Monday, April 02, 2012

Bathroom Update

The kid's bathroom was in need of some attention.  And I had some more art to add.
I remember hanging these towel bars.  I wanted Bryan to put them low enough for our little baby girls to reach.  They ended up being so low that the towels hang down onto the counter top.  And it drives me nuts!
Also driving me nuts was the missing towel bar on the opposite wall.  The kids ripped it off long ago.  So we've been roughin' it with two sinks but only one towel...it's so tough to share :]
I hung these simple hooks a little higher.
Much better.
Because of the layout in here, the only place to put the bar for the bath towels was right beside the toilet; right above the TP holder.  Which meant the towels were always hiding (+ moistening) the toilet paper.

I got an over the door hanger with plenty of hooks for all the bath towels.  And it seems to have solved the problem.
I purchased the green frames at Target.  They're plastic, so they'll be easy to wipe down.  Because I just know toothpaste splatters are going to make it up there.  I found the art on a lovely blog a long time ago, under the free printables, but I don't know which lovely blog :s  If you know, please share. Update:  I found the source of these prints here.

I tried this to hang the new art.  I never thought I would....just too messy for me.  But I was working in the bathroom.  And the toothpaste was right there.  Guess what?  It worked.

I'm hoping this pretty art will serve as a daily reminder, solving yet another problem.

Like I said, hoping :)

2 comments:

gigi said...

We need that art in our bathroom! We also need "take off your shoes" "hang up your clothes" this list goes on and on ....

What a great idea about the toothpaste/aligning the pictures! Seems so simple, yet I would've never thought of it.

Love the green!

Anonymous said...

I used the toothpaste tip just the other day! It also worked fantastic for me! You're place looks great and I love looking at all your little updates.