Thursday, April 10, 2008

Brand spakin' new!

I've been getting some "lack of posts feedback" lately....so let me just dedicate this to you-you know who you are ;o)

They say, "Reading is to the mind, what exercise is to the body." Well it's no wonder I feel so tired (mentally anyway, still working on that last part). I have been totally consumed by this Twilight book series! My head is always in the story. Really, it's amazing I've been functioning at all. That is, if you can even call towers of dishes, a room chock-full of dirty laundry, and general chaos "functioning". Thanks to my mother-in-law, I had all three books in hand on Easter. And as soon as this post is finished, I'll be finishing up the last book. How will I ever make it to August when the fourth one debuts!!!

Sunday we went out to Birch Bay. Don't bother to scroll for pictures, forgot the camera. We threw rocks into the water (one of us trying to hit the poor, unsuspecting birds all the while), rolled some logs around, and expanded our collection of pretty seashells + rocks. It was good to get out of the house....but my book did tag along! :o)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it finished yet? How's Jasper? Supposed to be nice this weekend, any more BB trips planned? (funny that you forgot the camera, but the book managed to make it) lol Love you!

Allison said...

I know those books totally had me locked in. Made my bed rest days go by very fast. I read all three books in three days, and then I started them again and finished in three days. I too can't wait until August for the 4th book. They are so addicting!!! Also the movie comes out in December can't wait for that!

Jenni said...

I have heard great things about these books!

Lydia said...

Ang, I finished the book on Saturday-now I don't know what to do with myself! :p

Allison, I can't wait for the movie either.

Jenni, you should read them!

Unknown said...

Mmm, I love reading... I think I'm the last on the Twilight bandwagon though... I just can't get in to the idea!

I'm going to comment the heck out of you from now on! :) Just teasing!

Musicmom-Amy said...

No Courtney, you're not the last one. I haven't started those books either.

Sometimes a trip without the camera is what's on order for the day.

JenM. said...

Lydia! I am so thrilled that you are as Twilight obsessed as I am. Don't tell anyone, but I have a secret crush on Edward. Hmmm... I am somewhat embarassed to admit that I (who rarely reads a book more than once) have read the series three times. SO GOOD!

Kay said...

Believe it or not, I haven't read the series either, although my seminary girls rave about them. I was just waiting to find someone that had them! So, my visiting teacher, can I borrow them! :) Do I have time for this! Oh, who cares, they're books. And books are priorities!

Jenn @ Cuddles and Cameras said...

Me either, but now I'm a little curious... I don't get to read too much for leisure, other than scriptures, and a little poetry here and there... I usually just read info...non-fiction... I think I may checkem out : )

Lydia said...

JenM-I'm with you on the crush. I can't believe there are Jacob fans out there!!

Kay-I actually borrowed the books from Diane :) So they should be easy to get your hands on!

Read 'em Jenn!!

Peter and Lesha said...

Fun, I can't wait until the weather gets really nice I love birch bay.