Thursday, February 25, 2010

To Do, To Do


I've been trying a new system for my "To Do" lists this year. I am recording every item in one notebook. If I don't get to something today, it goes on the list for tomorrow. I always know where to find my to do list. But I can't tell if it's really helping. That is to say, if I'm really getting more done like I wanted. I'm finding some days it just makes me feel super guilty and more of a procrastinator when something has been on the list since the first of the year.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I would not be able to function without a to-do list... and I find that the guilt helps me get to it in at least a reasonable amount of time. That being said, "blinds" has been on my list since early January :) But don't be afraid to add something that wasn't on the list to the list because you already did it... it just gives you more satisfaction of checking SOMETHING off :) After all, even if you didn't plan it, you DID something!

PS, if that's your desk in the picture I kind of want to kill you... :) You should see my piles and piles of MESS on my desk! Ahh! That will go on my list soon!

Vashti said...

I'm not really a list person. I find if I have a set amount of things that I want to get done in a day, then I get REALLY frustrated if life/the kids make that from happening.
I finally figured out I just need to sieze the moment. If the girls are proccupied then I will try and "race myself" to see if I can get that project done before they stop me. Then like when they are napping instead of having a big project to finish, it is only like half a project.
There was this really cool like-a-whiteboard-but-not thing on makeitandloveit.blogspot.com if I were a list person I think I would make that. Maybe I'll make it anyway and just write notes up on it!

gigi said...

I LOVE LISTS. but, you knew that :)

Lydia said...

CPrice-This is my desk :)

Vashti-That's cute! You should make it.

Ang-Yes and spreadsheets :D

Lydia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn @ Cuddles and Cameras said...

List girl here too! :) But like Vashti, if life gets in the 'way' and keeps me from accomplishing it, I get frustrated, so then I let the list go, and only do what I can...
Also I found that timing myself for 30,60, whatever amount of minutes and race to get done everything I can during that time (which is usually their naptime)works even better for me... :)