Emma and I always have the funniest conversations. Lately she's been wondering about the future. My future, to be specific.
One night, just before I shut the door at bedtime, she asked me one of these questions.
E: Mom, will you sometime get to work?
Me: You mean, will I got to work again someday?
E: Yeah.
Me: Yes, someday, when you're all in school I'll be working full time.
E: Where at?
Me: Hopefully somewhere like the school so I can be home when you guys are.
E: Oh yeah! What would you do there?
Me: Oh, I don't know I could.....
E: Janitor?
Me: (stunned at her high hopes for me)...
E: Or maybe you could be the lady that gets us lunch?
Me: (stifling my laughter)...
E: Oh, I know! You could be the duty. So then I could see you at recess!
Me: Maybe........goodnight!

3 comments:
Go for the duty because that job title is awesome.
She is so funny! It was a blast to play with you guys at the park today, we had so much fun!
she is too funny, hey if it wasn't for all those people school would be very dirty, no lunch and no outside time I wouldn't have gone:)
Post a Comment