Taco bed.
You know what I mean. One day you have a brand new mattress which works perfectly. Then all of a sudden [read 10 years later], it's a taco bed.
You fall asleep in the right place, near the edge. But eventually you both roll right to the middle, like a crunchy. little. taco. Just like the ones that hang out in the back of my pantry, slowly going stale. Bryan buys them-and buys them in hopes of me actually using them.
But I don't.
They just aren't practical to me. They're so tiny you can hardly get anything in there-and if you do, it just falls out. Especially with kids. If anything has a whole in the other side, when kids pick it up, the insides are coming out people! But.............I digress.
Taco bed. The fact is we need a new mattress. And I've been considering a new size. While the queen was perfect for us as newlyweds, it just isn't cutting it now.
On any given night, there are four children visiting us, as nightmares wax and wane. Just last night I spent a few good hours being elbowed in the head. Lucky for me, these pint-sized elbows pack little punch. Not to mention the lengths a certain someone might have to go to find a space-however small-to lay down in after they've been up consoling the baby...
So maybe the king is right for us. Even though I've always said that is too much bed for us. With this bedroom makeover I've been reconsidering a few things.
There's just one thing holding me back-the cost. Right now, I don't even think a new queen sized mattress is in the budget. I'm only dreaming...

3 comments:
hahaha... taco bed. I've never heard that before, but I totally understand! We now have a king, and I'm SO glad, and I only have 2 kids!! We got ours at Costco, they don't have a lot of options (only 1) but we think it's pretty comfy.
Just got home from a taco bed at the in-laws :) One thought, we got a tempurpedic a few months ago and though we stuck with the queen, Kev doesn't nearly bug me as much in this one :) I can't feel all his bucking bronco moves anymore :)
Go for the king. You won't regret it. It is a beautiful thing.
Post a Comment