Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Zuanich Park

 
A few days before school began, we grabbed lunch and I took the kids to one of my favorite places......Zuanich Park.
 It was such a pretty day.

 They played and played.
And played.
 They pretended to be pirates.
And captains.  

Charlotte told me she was the captain of this ship...........even though she was a girl!!!!  

I said, "Of course girls can be captains!!"  
What do you see Capt. Charlie?
 "SHARKS OFF THE PORT BOW!!!"
Even the potty break was entertaining: while waiting, Emma, inspired by her surroundings, wove tales of mermaids and Davy Jones' Locker.  And her brother listened intently.
We went walking along the water.  I was talking to Em about starting third grade.....then something strange happened....I ran into my third grade teacher Miss Hale!

She was there with her caregiver.....she has dementia.  Of course she couldn't remember me, but I held her hand and she told me to "read, read, read" with my kids and "what a blessing they are" :)

Her caregiver took this photo of all of us.  I loved third grade.  I loved Miss Hale.
Finally I took the kids to see where it all began: Bryan proposed to me in this exact spot.

Then they asked to hear the full story :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a great story! All of it! I love it when things come together... and I love that park too :)

gigi said...

Aww I didn't know Miss Hale has dementia! Looks like a fun day!!