Saturday, September 15, 2012

Feelin' a bit crafty...


We did a little crafting today.  My projects were inspired by this.
 I used some one of the canvases from Cole's nursery.  I glued a pretty paper over top.

 Then added one of scripture prints from my WORD pin board.

And I framed another printed quote I'd pinned.  I told Bryan that I made if for his night stand :)

This week I had the chance to help do some cleaning at my Gramma's house.  Today it's been three months since she passed away.  I sure miss her.

I was cleaning out her spice cupboard and found this old bottle of imitation rum extract.  I immediately thought of this.  I love everything Ashley does, but this I really loved.  

And ever since, I've wanted to make one for my kitchen.

We also found a lot of old recipes and I kept a few.  Here's what I came up with:

Two of these are recipes my Gramma used constantly: Cole Slaw Dressing and Belly Pushers, which is what she called No Bakes.

Of course, after making them constantly, she no longer needed to use her recipe cards.  I mentioned once, when we were out somewhere, that I'd like her recipe for her Scotcharoos.  I said I'd call later once she was home.............but she just rattled off the recipe right there :) 

I hung the shadow box in my kitchen.  Another sweet reminder of my Gramma.

3 comments:

gigi said...

I love it, Lyd!

Jayme said...

good idea...what a nice reminder

C said...

Oh i need that cole slaw dressing recipe!! She would make it for me all the time in 2008 when i lived in ferndale :) such a great idea!!!