Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Let's Go Camping!

Last Monday, Bryan found himself on a mini-vacation of sorts and announced, "Let's go camping!" There are advantages, and disadvantages of course, to last minute camping trips. I just can't think of any advantages right now....It took us a few hours to pack it all up, and a few days to realize all the things we did not pack.

Here's the girls after our first night............in some construction-gravel lot; personally I was pushing for a Walmart, I even suggested we just stay at the Walmart in Bellingham, but Bry said the lights were too bright.


After visiting Cannon Beach, we found our way out of the fog to Nehalem Bay State Park. We stayed there last year. It was much better than a parking lot. Lots of trees for the girls to climb, and the beach near by.




A story just came to me about a blond who is going camping with a group, and it's her job to test all the gear before they leave. Once they get to the mountain, they attempt to start a fire, but the matches aren't working. She says, "Impossible, they should be perfectly fine. I tested them all just before we left."

*No, this didn't happen to us.....we didn't even pack the matches, so our kind camping-neighbors lent us a box.

0 comments: