Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pioneer Days

Even though I lived in Ferndale all my life, I can't ever remember attending the Pioneer Days celebrations. I think my mom must have an aversion to parades-and crowds-and noise :o)


We took the girls this year. They got to ride in the parade on the fire truck with my dad.

There were lots of noisy trucks and bikes and sirens and horns. Charlotte still isn't crazy about all those loud noises. This is what she looked like pretty much the whole day .


Here are the girls and Papa. Taylor was inside the truck after them.


After the parade, we walked down to the carnival. The kids got to go on a few rides.



More noise...


Riding the carousel.

After lunch, we walked through all the old pioneer homes at Pioneer Park.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, I think the only time I went to the parade was after I graduated. Fun that the kids got to ride on the trucks!

Musicmom-Amy said...

We've only been there on field trips. I didn't know it was such the fanfare.