It was my Grandma's birthday and I wanted to make her something she could use. She likes to read, which got me thinking about a set of bookmarks and some personalized bookplates.I found the vintage tag on a printable website and added the text myself. Then I printed them out on white card stock. These were mounted to a label and trimmed down, so she can just peel and stick them inside her books.
The bookmarks are scrapbook paper mounted to both sides of heavy card stock and trimmed to size (I made these ones 1.75" x 6"). I punched a tiny whole at the top for a little ribbon. My Grandma loves pink, so I made sure everything was in her favorite color :)
Everything I used was stuff I had on hand. This would be a great last minute gift. You could even add a favorite book or gift card to make a more substantial gift.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Gift Idea
Posted by Lydia at 8:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Very cute! Can you tell us your favorite printable websites? I've never heard of them before but now I'm intrigued!
Wonderful! How fun, any age would love it!
Oooh I LOVE it Lyd! :)
You are so talented!
Love it. Book lovers rule. Also, love your new headshot :)
ok so once again you just blow me away I seriously think you need to open a store, I would spend so much money there! miss you girl
Post a Comment