Last Fall, I wanted to make the entry look more cozy for winter. Immediately I thought plaid pillows will do the trick! And my second thought was, now the kids will have something else to play with-those pillows would never stay on the church pew. I could see it looking great for the first and last minutes of the day. So..........I never made them.
This year I have been trying to get to all those unfinished projects. Tackling them one by one. I have all the supplies, I just needed the time.
I started with a pillow form I've had since last year-a 2 for 1 sale; it's the same size as the one in Cole's nursery.
Gathered a small ruffle to fit around my form.
Cut my plaid fabric the size of the form + seam allowance. I did an envelope back so I can slide the form in/out easily-plus, no zipper to monkey with :) With right sides together, and the envelope flap pinned, I sandwiched the ruffle between and stitched around.
I think I want to add another one...

3 comments:
Very cute!!
I like it a lot. :) I've been trying to use up my stash of unfinished projects... it's kind of great!
so cute
Post a Comment