Most of my family has little girls. And for their birthdays this year, the girls and I decided to make them each a little doll. We got this pattern a few years ago off the Martha Stewart website. My girls like to pick out the fabrics and help stuff the dolls.


The hair is felt and the shoes are painted on.

This was my first boy doll. I made this pattern up as we only had the girly-type. It was fun trying to make him look more masculine.

I usually embroider the faces in coordinating colors.

Sometimes we add a bow in the hair or ruffles on the dress (my girls' favorite!).

Sometimes we add ribbons, bibs or buttons. These two are going to some sisters who are birthday girls this month. Seeing my girls create has been fun, and each doll turns out so unique.
5 comments:
Oh my gosh, these are so FREAKING cute!!!
Tawni was has been bugging me to make some of these. I need to look up that pattern. That could be a great Christmas idea!
those dolls are adorable! what a fun mom you must be ;-)
My girls are obsessed with these dolls you made them. They love them! Thanks so much :)
Lydia, I love your creativity! I'm so inspired. I really want a sewing machine now. And some really cool fabric. And some scrapbook paper to make some bookmarks like in the post following this. I'm inspired. Thanks!!!
Mandy:)
Post a Comment