It seems like Emma has been trying to solve a lot of her problems out loud lately. For instance, on a trip home from church Emma states, "I wish I was a cow." And in all my curiosity I ask, "Why?"
To which she replies, "Because. They don't use toilets."
Lost in thought and trying to contain my laughter, she continues, "I think I'll talk with Heavenly Father and see if He can make me a cow next time."
The next great solution came at dinner later that week. After she'd been told a bazillion times to finish her vegetables, she finally sighed and said, "I wish I was a bug."
Again the "Why?"
"Because. They don't have to eat their veggies."
I immediately start to think about how short her life would be and what gross things she would have to eat....but in her world problem solved.
Just yesterday she proclaimed, "I wish I was a mouse."
"Why?" I've got this down-pat by now.
"Because. They get to eat cheese."
Yes, this might make some sense if she had gone almost five years cheese-deprived & longing to scurry about. She is not however cheese-deprived. Love this girl.
Em is infatuated with a certain preschooler as well. And she tells him so- repeatedly. She is always talking boyfriend & has even mentioned marriage. Met with the 'why?' response again, she simply replied, "Well, we'll have to see how you dance." Oh yes. Of course. We'll let you know when the auditions begin.

11 comments:
Too funny!
Oh Lydia! Gotta love it! Can't wait until Erica gets there....
Ha ha!
Ha ha!
Emma is too dang cute!! You guys sure do have some REALLY precious little girls!!! Reading this made me think of all the hilarious/cute things that Emma would say when we were in Mexico.
That's awesome! I love the "We'll have to see how you dance" comment ; )
Emma, you're such a cutie!! Love you guys
love that age, hope you remember all of this or write it down. she is so cute
That's so funny!
That's Miss Emma! Always thinking! I wonder what all the fun things she thinks about while sitting in Primary :D
That is too funny. It must be so entertaining to hear all the Emma-isms. That's how we refer to Taya's funny quotes: Taya-isms. You should write them down for sure! Maybe even publish them one day! :)
Post a Comment